So I’m sure you’ve noticed, being a fellow busy parent and all, that life is sometimes comically unfair. Murphy’s Law unfair. Take these for example:
– The one and only night my Big Bubba Boy sleeps 10hrs in a row, is also the night that Little Mister springs a leak (even though he is wearing a night time nappy) and comes to me for help. Little Miss meanwhile wakes and can’t find her brother in her room (cos he’s with me) goes to find the Papa Bear and before you know it, the whole household is in the bathroom with me. Everyone except Big Bubba Boy. He missed this midnight party.
– If the twins by some miracle sleep past 6am (stoopid birds) then Big Bubba boy will be up before 5am. Same if Big Bubba Boy decides to sleep in. Why can’t they all sleep in!?!?
– And the nights when I go to bed early to catch up on some sleep??? Ha ha. On those special nights Big Bubba Boy will learn how to roll in his sleep, Little Mister will have growing pains in his legs and Little Miss will have a nightmare and all will need lots and lots of cuddles.
*sigh* Its a very good thing I like cuddles
I know there are thousands upon thousands of posts about “Things only a Multiple/Twin Mama would understand” and here’s another one to add to the list *evil giggle*
You know you’re a mama that had twins first when:
* You feel like your singleton bubba is lonely because there is only one of him.
* You use the word singleton to describe your singleton bubba.
* You look for the other one.
* You had 2 names picked for your singleton bubba thinking both would be used.
* When you’re asked if this is your first child. You answer, this is my second child. I had twins first.
*You are surprised that your big box of nappies is lasting so long.
* You are giddy with happiness that your trolley isn’t filled to the brim with nappies and wipes. One bub just doesn’t go poop as much as two. Amazing!
* Your singleton bubba has too much stuff. Two of everything! In my case, a pink version and a blue version.
* You realise that yes, one bubba is easier. Even easier when they’re entertained by the wild and crazy antics of his older siblings!
This is not a brag post. This is WTF-anyone-else kind of post. You see, I’m pretty happy with my uterus. It carried my twins for 37 weeks and 4 days until they got evicted via c-section. Little Mister and Miss were born a healthy 3kg and 2.96kg each. I couldn’t have asked for more. But it seems like with my last bubba, my uterus wanted to do better and not just a little better but an OMG better…It just would have been nice if I had been consulted first since I decided to do a VBAC. For some crazy reason I wanted to see what a ‘natural’ delivery felt like.
Almost 8 weeks ago now, I delivered a 4.68kg bubba boy. I thought my obstetrician and the midwife were joking when they said his weight. Ha ha. Very funny. But nope. Bubba boy was a big squishy almost 5kg marshmallow. Seems like my uterus decided to bake a big one just to show how clever she was. I should have guessed he was going to be a big one since he did not want to leave. It took 40 weeks and 5 days, an induction, a 12 hour labour and a vacumn extraction before he entered this world.
Its safe to safe that I’m done. No more babies. I mean, what would my uterus deliver next??? And it seems like I’m not the only twin mum whose body has gone a little overboard on their singleton-after-twins bub. I know one mumma who credits her super-trained-on-twins booby milk for her little sumo and there’s the mums that have mulitples after multiples *phew*
So has this happened to you??? I want to know if this is a common or just coincidence.